Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 6: Study

Remember my first post, where I talked about how I had just finished graduate school? What I didn't mention in that post is that there is one final academic hurdle to go. Pretty soon, I'll be sitting for the Registered Dietitian (RD) exam, a beast of a test that I have to pass in order to call myself a dietitian. I think that I'm one of the last in my class to take the exam, what with the minor interruption of moving across the country and starting work while most of my classmates were studying. My job requires me to have the certification within 6 months of my start date, but I definitely don't want to wait that long. The more time that goes by, the harder it will be to take the test. I just want to get it over with so that I can focus on my new, wonderful career!



Obviously, the goal for week 6 was to study for my RD exam. I got the test materials that it seems like most of my classmates have been using, the Jean Inman CDs and study guide. (As an aside, let me just say that dropping $375 on study materials from a website that looks like this was a tad bit disconcerting to me at first...) Ms. Inman covers the four domains of dietetics practice on 7 CDs, along with a printed manual of the information. This little baby will be my best friend for the next few weeks.

So, did you do it? Well, kind of. I got some studying done and then came down with what must have been the flu. I was out of commission for a few days and unable to do much of anything. But rest easy, dear readers - I am mostly recovered, and studying is back in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment